Do you have dry eye and dry mouth?
Without symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis or Lupus?
Have you been diagnosed with Primary Sjögren’s Syndrome (Primary SS)?
- Do you suffer from Dry Eye associated with Primary SS?
- Do you know there is a clinical trial of Lacripep™, an experimental treatment for Dry Eye in patients with Primary SS?
- The goal of this trial is to restore health to the surface of your eye and treat symptoms of Dry Eye (eye dryness, burning, discomfort) in patients with Primary SS
Interested? Please check out the site nearest you and call the assigned telephone number between 9 am and 5 pm (Monday – Friday) or Email us. Our call in staff based in the US are ready to answer questions and assess whether you likely qualify for the trial. They will then make contact with the clinical site nearest you.
Where are the trial sites? Please scroll down or Google ‘sjogren’s syndrome dry eye‘ on your smart phone. If you are close to a clinical site, contact information will pop up.
About the Clinical Trial
- The study will last 8 weeks and include 5 visits to an ophthalmologist. Patients will be provided with ophthalmic drops of Lacripep™ or placebo. Lacripep™ is a synthetic tear protein fragment of ‘lacritin’. Lacritin and a natural version of Lacripep™ are constituents of normal human tears but are lacking in dry eye tears. In preclinical studies, both restore tearing and eye health. The study purpose is to assess the effectiveness and safety of Lacripep™ in dry eye patients. The trial is FDA approved. It is listed as NCT03226444 in ClinicalTrials.gov.
- The study is restricted to patients with primary Sjögren’s Syndrome dry eye. It is necessary that you stop your treatment of Restasis or Xiidra two weeks before. Those with punctal plugs inserted two weeks before or later are acceptable. Those on serum tears will need to cease treatment 30 days before.
- If you think you may qualify (or have patients that qualify) and would be interested in participating in a clinical trial, please see if there is a clinical trial site close to you. The sites are listed below by state.
- If unsure whether you qualify, or need help enrolling, please call Aimee 919-943-3054 or Email us.
- Check out information on our Facebook page.
Clinical Site Locations
The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry
OcCERF, Ocular Surface Research Institute of the Clinical Eye Research Facility,
121 Henry B. Peters Building, 1716 University Boulevard
Birmingham, AL 35294
Global Research Management
1510 South Central Avenue, Suite 300
Glendale, CA 91204
Martel Eye Medical Group
11216 Trinity River Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Milton M. Hom OD, FAAO, FACAAI
1131 East Alosta Avenue
Azusa, CA 91702
UC Berkeley Clinical Research Center
381 Minor Hall
UC Berkeley, School of Optometry
Berkeley, CA 94720
Wolstan & Goldberg Eye Associates
23600 Telo Ave., Suite 100
Torrance, CA 90505
Corneal Consultants of Colorado
8381 SouthPark Lane
Littleton, CO 80120
University of Colorado Health – Sue Anschutz-Rodgers Eye Center*
1675 Aurora Court
Aurora, CO 80045
Bowden Eye & Associates
7205 Bonneval Road
Jacksonville, FL 32256
International Eye Associates, PA
1545 Hand Ave., Suite B3
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Perez Eye Center
4506 Wishart Place
Tampa, FL 33603
Bruce A. Segal, MD, PA
5258 Linton Blvd, Suite 302
Delray Beach, FL 33484
Chicago Cornea Consultants, Ltd
1585 N. Barrington Road (Doctors Bldg 2), Building 2, Suite 502
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 (off the campus of St. Alexius Medical Center)
Clinical Eye Research of Boston
955 Main St., Suite 307
Winchester, MA 01890
Minnesota Eye Consultants, P.A.
10709 Wayzata Blvd
Minnetonka, MN 55305
12990 Manchester Road, Suite 200
St. Louis, MO 63131
Tauber Eye Center
4400 Broadway, Suite 202
Kansas City, MO 64111
Bergstrom Eye Research
2601 University Drive South
Fargo, ND 58103
Cornea Consultants of Albany
9 Vista Blvd., Suite 100
Slingerlands, NY 12159
Abrams Eye Center
2322 East 22nd Street, Suite 102
Cleveland, OH 44115
Ophthalmic Surgeons & Consultants of Ohio, The Eye Center of Columbus
262 Neil Avenue, Suite 430
Columbus, OH 43215
Scheie Eye Institute
51 N 39th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Black Hills Eye Institute
2800 Third Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, Department of Ophthalmology
930 Madison Avenue, Suite 470
Memphis, TN 38163
Virginia Eye Consultants
241 Corporate Blvd.
Norfolk, VA 23502
Vistar Eye Center
3320 Franklin Road
Roanoke, VA 24014