Have you been diagnosed with Primary Sjögren’s Syndrome (Primary SS)?
- Do you suffer from Dry Eye associated with Primary SS?
- Do you know there is a clinical trial of Lacripep™, an experimental treatment for Dry Eye in patients with Primary SS?
- The goal of this trial is to restore health to the surface of your eye and treat symptoms of Dry Eye (eye dryness, burning, discomfort) in patients with Primary SS
Please scroll down to learn more and find a trial site or Google ‘sjogren’s syndrome dry eye‘ on your smart phone. If you are close to a clinical site, contact information will pop up. Call between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday by touching the ad.
About the Clinical Trial
- The study will last 8 weeks and include 5 visits to an ophthalmologist. Patients will be provided with ophthalmic drops of Lacripep™ or placebo. Lacripep™ is a synthetic tear protein fragment of ‘lacritin’. Lacritin and a natural version of Lacripep™ are constituents of normal human tears but are lacking in dry eye tears. In preclinical studies, both restore tearing and eye health. The study purpose is to assess the effectiveness and safety of Lacripep™ in dry eye patients. The trial is FDA approved.
- The study is restricted to patients with primary Sjögren’s Syndrome dry eye. It is necessary that you stop your treatment of Restasis or Xiidra two weeks* before. Those with punctal plugs inserted two weeks before or later are acceptable. Those on serum tears will need to cease treatment 30 days before.
- If you think you may qualify (or have patients that qualify) and would be interested in participating in a clinical trial, please see if there is a clinical trial site close to you. The sites are listed below by state and include the study coordinator’s name, Email and phone number. Several more sites will be added shortly.
- Please Email our Medical Director, Marc Odrich, MD. Alternatively, use 510-914-1896 to text your zip code to us. We will text back contact info for the closest trial site.
- Check out information on our Facebook page.
Clinical Site Locations
Site marked with an asterisk (*) have been recently added.
Please use contact information below if you would like to join the Clinical Trials:
The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry*
OcCERF, Ocular Surface Research Institute of the Clinical Eye Research Facility,
121 Henry B. Peters Building, 1716 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294
Contact Drew Gann, OD, MS at 205-934-6734 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Schwartz Laser Eye Center
8416 E. Shea Blvd., Ste. C-101
Scottsdale, AZ 85260.
Contact Katie O’Brien at 480-483-3937 ext. 120 or email@example.com
Global Research Management
1510 South Central Avenue, Suite 300
Glendale, CA 91204
Contact Lucy Bataneant at 818-246-2560 (or firstname.lastname@example.org). Spanish speakers are referred to Norman or Jaime, and English speakers to Karin.
Martel Eye Medical Group
11216 Trinity River Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Contact Liliya Shuprudko at 916-631-7860 or email@example.com
Milton M. Hom OD, FAAO, FACAAI*
1131 East Alosta Avenue
Azusa, CA 91702
Contact Karin Leon at 626-963-7100 or 626-334-1585 or OptometristAzusa@gmail.com
Orange County Ophthalmology
2665 Garden Grove Blvd, Suite 401
Garden Grove, CA 92843
Contact Gladys Sager at 714-534-8373
UC Berkeley Clinical Research Center
381 Minor Hall
UC Berkeley, School of Optometry
Berkeley, CA 94720
Contact Nancy McNamara OD, PhD at 415-637-1057 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolstan & Goldberg Eye Associates
23600 Telo Ave., Suite 100
Torrance, CA 90505
Contact Brittney Rodriguez at 310-602-5640 or email@example.com
Bowden Eye & Associates
7205 Bonneval Road
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Contact Jessica Montgomery at 904-296-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org
International Eye Associates, PA
1545 Hand Ave., Suite B3
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Contact Michelle Wholly at 386-673-3939 or email@example.com
Perez Eye Center
4506 Wishart Place
Tampa, FL 33603
Bruce A. Segal, MD, PA
5258 Linton Blvd, Suite 302
Delray Beach, FL 33484
Contact Yara Ramirez King at 561-498-3664 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago Cornea Consultants, Ltd*
1585 N. Barrington Road (Doctors Bldg 2), Building 2, Suite 502
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 (off the campus of St. Alexius Medical Center)
Contact Jim Nykaza at 847-748-3553 or email@example.com
Clinical Eye Research of Boston
955 Main St., Suite 307
Winchester, MA 01890
Contact Paula Oliver at 781-640-7506 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Minnesota Eye Consultants, P.A.
10709 Wayzata Blvd
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Contact Tessa Hugo at 952-567-6111 or email@example.com
12990 Manchester Road, Suite 200
St. Louis, MO 63131
Contact Debi Gravemann at 314-966-3377 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tauber Eye Center
4400 Broadway, Suite 202
Kansas City, MO 64111
Contact Megan Hefter at 816-531-9100 or email@example.com
Cornerstone Eye Care
1400 E. Hartley Drive
High Point, NC 27262
Bergstrom Eye Research
2601 University Drive South
Fargo, ND 58103
Contact Kristen Petersen at 701-478-0061 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornea Consultants of Albany
9 Vista Blvd., Suite 100
Slingerlands, NY 12159
Contact Alice Titova at 518-475-1515 or email@example.com
Abrams Eye Center
2322 East 22nd Street, Suite 102
Cleveland, OH 44115
Contact Peggy Smith at 216-937-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheie Eye Institute*
51 N 39th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Contact Matthew Henderson at 215-662-9393 or email@example.com
Black Hills Eye Institute
2800 Third Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
Contact Kayla Riley at 605-719-3153 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Eye Clinic of Texas/Houston Eye Associates
1100 Gulf Freeway, Suite 114
League City, TX 77573
Contact Angie Carter at 281-332-3937 or email@example.com
Virginia Eye Consultants
241 Corporate Blvd.
Norfolk, VA 23502
Contact Jireh Azilah at 757-961-2947 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Vistar Eye Center
3320 Franklin Road
Roanoke, VA 24014
Contact Patrese Pyle at 540-855-3547 or email@example.com
Still have questions?
Please Email our Medical Director, Marc Odrich, MD